Thursday, December 6, 2012

Stuff

Man, I miss New York, and vacation life... I am getting a little bit sick, and hope that it doesn't turn into something big..I can't do teaching and sickness. Just too old for that. We are pretty much finished with the Christmas shopping so this weekend I can rest. I still have to purchase something for the girlz from my dad, but that will be easy. Helllllooo American girl. The girlz are going to my sister's house so I can really lay up all day. Even though my house is a hot mess! The girlz have no idea that I am getting them a puppy to replace the DAMN dog that went to live with a wonderful lady in Lurray. I am still searching for just the right mix but have a pretty good idea of the breeder I'd like to use.. THis year, all the gifts are purposeful. I didn't get any of the BS stuff that will be thrown away when it breaks. Just the things they want.. Sadly, I am already on a countdown to the end of the year. My students are truly presh, but the other stuff is what is killing me. You cannot imagine the "stuff I do because someone else created a document/test" and in order for that person to keep their job, I must do the useless thing...Really, taxpayers you wouldn't believe the nonsense and waste in my county. It's sad. And next year, I am really considering retiring. No, there won't be any money, but I have always wanted to do something different, and I am thinking about going back to school and taking odd jobs here and there to make ends meet...Oh hell, who am I kidding, I would have to have 10 odd jobs, but it almost feels better than the dread I have when driving into work.. Enough yucky stuff...My dad is probably going back to work full time. He can't seem to retire..What is wrong with him? I cannnnnooottt wait to retire..

1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

What happened with the rescue pup? Are you sure you should get a puppy in the winter? Think of housebreaking during a snowstorm. Spring might be easier. I got my dogs in July, April and October. You are all done shopping - impressed! American Girl is the best place to shop for little girls. My ex and I are giving our younger granddaughter one for her 10th birthday next week even though she has many. Hope you aren't getting sick.