Sunday, December 23, 2012

Keeping It Simple at New Hope Church

Some of you may remember I got my feelings hurt last year at Church. This year, my Church isn't having services on Christmas Eve. I am so glad about it. The staff works so hard already, and the fact that Christmas Eve falls so close to Sunday services, it was decided not to have an additional Eve service. It was a relief for many. This will be the first year that the Pastor, The SCHLEYER crew, and all of the Volunteers can wake up at a reasonable hour and spend the day with their families. The message was to Keep It Simple! Normally, we have one Saturday service but yesterday we had two. I was the children's helper in the 7:30 service. All of the children were invited up to sing along with the band and then sit at the base of the stage for most of the service. There wasn't a children's service, so all the children were in the auditorium. And the message of Keeping It Simple really hit home. Although I go way overboard with the decorations, and maybe even the gifts, I am keeping it more simple this year. In a lot of other ways. I eliminated the fried who drained our emotional resources, and now I don't allow myself to worry about all of that drama. And that is huge. Only having my own family to focus on makes life more simple. I still end up hearing about it second hand, but only in a counselor sort of way. And that is not too much. THe girlz and my dad are over at my sister's house for today and I am going to get the last minute details taken cared of... I am getting the puppy in a bit so look for a puppy post later!!!

1 comment:

Annie said...

Frankly, the two times a year I do NOT WANT to go to Church are Christmas and Easter. Too many people who are just "visiting"....which seems to mean 1) not paying attention (i.e. talking and walking about through the whole Mass like they are at a Mall) and 2) "dressing to impress". Usually, I can avoid most of this by going early and sitting in the front, but we arrived at Aidan's church a bit late, and not only didn't get into the sanctuary - we had to STAND in the overflow room where people were watching it on a big screen TV (which we couldn't see). All we saw were uncountable numbers of people walking around in new clothes.