Wednesday, December 12, 2012

PerriWinkle Belle

************************** Sooo, this is the one..I THINK!! I have looked and looked for a puppy that is not "farm raised" or "Milled" that is raised in a home with a family. It is a bichon-schnauzer hybrid. And it is 6 weeks old today. If I can pull this off, it will be the suprise of the year. I took the girlz to see it, and then told them it was just too much money, and that I had to think about it..They have been asking about it every since. August held her and it licked her fingers, (there was probably left overs all over them) and it sort of High Fived Anna... The family who is belongs to lives in my city, so if I need anything, they will be able to help me. I have decided to use the vet that it has already seen..It looks big in the pictures, but it is only a little over 2 pounds there! It should be a pretty sturdy dog at about 10-12 pounds when she is an adult. On the way home, the girlz and I were talking about what we could name a puppy. We have been looking at pups and talking about them, and originally we thought of naming a pup "Macy" if we were to get it around Thanksgiving. But the other night the girlz came up with so many cute names.. I threw out naming it BLOOMIE-BELLE..As those are my two grandmother's names. Yes, one was Bloomie and one was Belle...but somehow the girls fell into "PerriWinkle" ......and I love it! They said when they are calling her, they can say, "Perrrrrriiiiiii". I think it is cute. And she looks like a little Perriwinkle. I have been doing research on dog behavior, and some say that it is best for bonding to take a dog between the 49-60th day. That is long enough to establish appropriate dog behavior, yet early so that a strong canine to himan bond..Fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

She is adorable and I love the name. When would she be ready to go to her forever home? How will she be taken out at lunchtime and fed during the day? Do you have someone that can do that for you for several months? I used to come home at lunch from work to do both and let my pup run around outside for about 10 minutes. I was just 15 minutes from work so it worked out. She'd be a good size when fully grown. So cute!

julian said...

My Mom is going to do grandmother duties for a couple of months..She is tiny, so she won't pull on my mom like our other dog did..