Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cards and Letters

I got my first Christmas card yesterday. THANK YOU TINA!! I love the idea of cards to celebrate the season. It's sort of a lost art. Most people are so connected through Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest that they think a simple, "Happy Holiday" does the trick. Well not me. Growing up in the south, I learned fast that Christmas cards, thank you notes, a "covered dish" for new mothers and loved ones who lose someone dear were the minimum. I am one of the few people who actually love to get the letters inside the cards. I may see you on facebook, but there are so many little bits of info that are shared in those letters that a post on a timeline doesn't cover.. So again, Thank You Tina for being ahead of the game and making our day! On a totally different note. THe beach house closed today. We are now in search for a new place to summer. My dad is going back to Lebanon, this time for longer. Not sure we want to spend our summers there, but hey ya never know until you try it!!

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

You're welcome. I am surprised it took so long as I mailed them Sunday and Monday after Thanksgiving. I also believe in the same things that you mentioned. How sad that your father sold his FL condo? Where will he relocte to once he's back? What does he do that he is in Lebanon? How about getting a job at a summer camp where the girls can be campers?

julian said...

Tina,
My dad has another house that is just down the road from Naples in Fort Myers. It is NOT on the beach, but on the river. (You can't swim there). We will go to Disney World for AugustRose's 7th birthday, and Anna is going to sleep a way camp with Church, and I am working this summer to pay for all that!!

We will probably take a trip with my dad, it just won't be for so long. And if he is in Lebanon, we will go there. He said there is a beach just down the road from his hotel!