Saturday, December 22, 2012

My Big Fat Swirly Whirly Christmas...

This year I started early. I had purchased most of my gifts in September and October because this girl's gotta budget. You know how little teachers make so, .... With early prep, We took our tree out in Mid-November and started decking the hall's after we got back from New York City. The decorations change my overall feeling. The lights and the memories of each of the ornaments fills my heart, and I begin to get those butterflies. I haven't really wanted anything for years, it is honestly about finding the perfect gifts for my family, my girlz, and my coworkers.. My team at school started the tradition a few years ago to get together on New Year's Eve, Eve. We exchange gifts and eat and visit, and just generally enjoy each other. This year I am having the "do" at my house. One gal who no longer teaches kindie had a baby a couple of months ago, and it is just easier meet at someone's home. My other teammate's daughter loves the creek behind my house, so her hubby will take the girlz on an epic nature quest. Yes it is freezing outside, but the kids around here are used to it. I have actually planned a menu. Yes, I am cooking. I can do it, if I have a plan and a purpose. And this will be fun. The girlz will help me, because there should be about 15 people.. I have all my gifts except one. Shhshshshsh, I have to run out and get Anna's iphone. I am ready for her to have a phone, and she loves my sister's phone so that is the one we are going with. It will be from my sister, but I want it on my plan, so I can control the features. She will only be allowed to have the numbers of family and a few emergency numbers. After she has it for a month or so, I will let her put 1 or 2 friends on it. She will have very strict rules about when she can use it, and where she can take it. There have been several times when I wish she had a phone and now this is one more area of safety and communication that I want in place. I am still trying to figure out how to give the puppy to my girlz. There are so many ideas, it just all needs to fall into place. I love the girlz trees in their rooms. I wish I had a better camera, but here are some fun shots of their Merry Goodness!

No comments: