Wednesday, August 7, 2013

45

My birthday was the other day and I am now 45...We did brunch at Silver Diner and then some Ikea Shopping...
August took this picture of me.
Mom got me a new sofa...Actually, we are getting an old sofa recovered!
Dad sent the most amazing gift. It is a book about the Kremlin that he bought on his first trip to Russia. He went in the mid 80's for the first time. The book is written in Russian in the front, and English in the back. It's awesome, and another cool thing to add to my collection!

I finished summer school and have almost finished setting up my classroom. One good thing about not going away is that I am super focused on next year already. I have been working on plans and matching those with the assessments and report card standards. I want to be clear for next year. This year is my 20th year in FCPS, (my 23rd year in total)and I want it to be my most amazing!  We are getting 3 new teachers on our team, so the 2 original Kindie teachers need to get all set up so we can help them out. My coworker and I are going back up tomorrow to work on planning and making sure we have everything ready to share.

Earlier the girlz and I went jetskiing with our friend Mr. Shane. He was so great with them. I knew August would be very afraid, (And she was at first) but by the end she was begging to take more turns. He took them out by themselves for loooong rides and showed them Mount Vernon, and lots of other little areas. Then after each girl had 2 turns, he took them out together. They really loved it. I didn't take a turn, watching them ride away made me car-sick so I took a pass. The girlz really love Mr. Shane. He messes with them and makes them laugh. I am sure he could have been doing a lot more fun things with people his own age, but we are so thankful that he took his day to spend it with the GreenGirlz! Thank you again Mr. Shane. We will take you to dinner when you make it up this way again!



3 comments:

Annie said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like there was much to enjoy.

Tina in CT said...

Sounds likes a fun birthday, very thoughtful gifts and a fun day on the water. I bet the girls just loved being on the jet ski. Seeing Mt. Vernon by water must have been neat.

julian said...

The girlz love anything. They can make grocery shopping fun..Thanks for the birthday wishes!!