Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Guess What Deliciousness Is in My House?

So, guess what I have????
Ikea came and installed my new cabinets???
Guess who spent too much money and time at IKEA???

THIS GIRL~

And everything that I thought I would want for the floor and counters are out! No patterns for either as the kitchen turned out to be more "sweet" then "Funky" as I expected. So now, I have to consider what I should do...


Here is the view from where you first walk in...
 
 
 
 
This is a view from the other end of the kitchen..
 
 
 
 
This is the only single counter on the opposite side of the kitchen

 

This is the closet that I knocked out to make room for just a few more cabinets.


 

This is the view of my little corner.. You can see that we couldn't tear the walls down to the ceiling, somehow my builder guy told me there were support walls in there and we needed them. Whatever?
 
 
 
 
SO, what you put on the floor? What Would You do for counters??

3 comments:

teachingrules said...

love it all!! look into Formica solid surface for counters

Jen Stevens said...

Cork floors all the way!!

Counters.... Well if you weren't on a public school teacher budget, reclaimed wood.
Since you are... Concrete

julian said...

Jen, I reallllly want CONCRETE for the counters, but around here, they are similar to granite...VERY expensive..
BLAYYYYHHWHWHEHEH!