Saturday, April 20, 2013

Russian Embassy

Because the news that the Boston Bomber is Russian, everyone asks me, "So what do you think?" I sort of want to choke people when they ask, but I see why they'd do it..

Right now, I am not making a comment.
What I know is that the bombers country of origin is not actually Russian..Or in my mind it's not..
But I will chat about that, and all that it entails later.
What I can say is that the parents of these two thugs have already blamed the U.S. for this. They have already said it's a frame up..

Parents, this is where we all have to really look at our teenage or young adult children. What are they doing? Do you really know what they are up to?

We just got back from Cradle of Hope's Easter Party. It was a bit different than before, but sadly not as good. Last time they had lots of crafts upstairs, and little activities. This year they had a drawing table, and that's it. There was a table of toys and books for sale. But nothing really Russiany. There was a show put on by the Embassy school. It was really cute this year. Lot's of Michael Jackson songs..Odd yes. The theme revolved around a peaceful earth, so of course they put on a rendition of The Wizard of Oz. And if you wondered if they played Fifty Cents' "CandyShop" within the play, you'd be right!  I am sure you also wondered if they somehow weaved 2 Indians and an Egyptian Princess into the play..So let me share with you, they did!

For the first time, I got to see the pool and the gym used for the school children. It was a beautiful day and I saw the school, from the area where the food is served. I also met up with an old acquaintance. When I began my adoption with AugustRose, it was a busy time with COH. I went in to finalize my home study update, and work on a couple of documents, and I was shown 3 files. They were "off the record" but because I was paper ready, I could review them. I took home info on 3 children. One of those little girlz was at the embassy today. I remember her first because of her name. It doesn't sound too Russiany. But I have met the family a couple of times before. I also met another family from Ireland. Their daughter is Anni's age.

Overall it was a nice day out. But sad that there are no babies at the event anymore. I saw a couple of toddlers, but no more tinies like in years before. The girlz and I giggled a lot. And as I looked around, I realized how blessed I am. I am sure that many of the families there feel equally as blessed.
For the first time I left feeling like I won't go back for a while. That feeling of familiarity to the adoption world is gone.

 
 

1 comment:

Annie said...

They just need you to volunteer to organize all those craft events upstairs!