Sunday, October 13, 2013

And there is this...

Soooo, there is a touch more DELICIOUSNESS in this house! A counter top!!!

After living like the Ingalls family for months, we now have running water, a new sink, and a FABOO counter top..

Now, to clarify, the only thing in my kitchen that actually matches what I originally thought I wanted, are the cabinets. Nothing I have done since then seems to go along with them..
I had investigated, searched, shopped and thought I found the best deal on counter tops. The quartz ending up being ....wait for it..... 4800.oo smackers! And on the day I planned to go and give them the down payment, I called my mom and said, "I CAN"T DO IT"...I just couldn't. It seemed so outrageous to spend that kind of money on one thing..
So I had to start over in my counter top quest. I ended up going to a shop and honestly looking at one slab and said, "Do It.."
And as it turned out, I love it..
It is granite. Which I thought I hated. But it has a lot of movement to the pattern, and it looks more like marble than granite.

My new double sink is lovely as well..AND my new faucet, Perfect..

So now I have to decide on the back splash. NOTHING I had planned will work. I had originally thought of having a very "still" counter top so that I could have a wild back splash..So now I have to figure out what will go with my new counters...




I am just beginning my new search and found these lovely options at Home Depot. Not sure if any of them work. The patterns sort of work against the counters..What I do know is that I LOVE my new stuff!!!

3 comments:

Tina in CT said...

I vote for the first one. Counter is lovely.

Annie said...

Oh, I love, love, love it! I should send you a photo of our counter top(s) and you'd feel even better! I like the first one best, but am thinking that a solid color might be best of all. Or a solid color with insets of painted tiles (if you want fancy).

Anonymous said...

Keep looking. You haven't found the right back splash yet. Love the counter tops. It'll all be gorgeous when you find the right complement.