Monday, May 6, 2013

We Have Kitchen Progress!

Cabinets are purchased..
And I paid cash for them. I don't spend that kind of money very often, so I was oddly proud of myself. Didn't have to borrow any of it.
Everything is being delivered on Wednesday and I am hoping to set up an install day sometime this month.
A friend is came over today to help me take down some of my old cabinets. It will surely help with the prices of the general contracting work..

I am going for a pretty plain look. Nothing too fancy, but I want each of my items to be of the best quality!

So here is where the kitchen was this morning,
They look just ok here, but they are horrific. Truly..


Then lots of banging and tugging, and there is progress..
This is what is called having a "sandwich break"..Two pillows to each side of Auggie's head..And  LUNCH is served
The cabinets are down, now I have to work on getting rid of the tiles my mom painted green..Not the back-splash I am going for!! And for the Love of Pete, what am I going to choose for lighting?? I am pretty used to the BRIGHT HOSPITAL lights that are here now..So that is another decision I will have to make..

A happy little surprise here, wiring is already done for my under mounted cabinet lighting..



I so wish I didn't get stainless steel appliances. I would have spent the extra money getting them all covered in the cabinet "fronts" had I just bought inexpensive white or black ones..BUT, I found a way to add some fun to them..!
You can pretty much design whatever you'd like for your dishwasher. I may try to match whatever  back-splash I go with..


And Look At these two..I kind of love them...

Thank You Again Mr. Shane for coming over to help me! Hard work can be therapeutic I am certain..Sadly I ended up not being much help. It looks like the zoo trip with my students really over worked my poor self. And now, I am on my bed waiting to hear from my doctor..ER? maybe..Percocet? absolutely.


1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

The kitchen picture you posted is really pretty and so cheerful.