Thursday, February 7, 2013

Making Changes

School has been tough these days. Not for me, but for my Anni. She is sort of lost right now. She is struggling to organize herself. We have fussed and fought and cried and pouted. Report cards came home yesterday and she made a C on her report card. Needless to say, we are not happy. And we have had to make a daily chart to help her figure out what assignments she needs to work on, and what needs to be done around the house..
4th Grade has been a big jump. And we are all feeling it. There are mood swings that I feel are hormone related.

I have had to make some big parenting changes as I don't want any more C's on the report card. And she needs to feel better about school in general. We started with changing the bed time. I firmly believe that rest helps everyone feel better so we have backed the bedtime to 8:30. And it has worked wonders on the attitudes! Even mine.

I am contacting schools again for possible transfers. I really need to eliminate the 40 hours a month I spend on the road. It would be awesome to use that time with my own children.

My students this year have truly saved my career. If I had a rough year like last year, I would have resigned. It was more than I could deal with. This years sweeties are the most precious little things. I don't have to get really tough with them. Cause they are just too kind. My team was out yesterday for a planning meeting and I stopped by the cafeteria to say hello and they all jumped up and ran to me. We miss you Ms. Green. Are you finished with your meeting?
Come on, do your coworkers say that to you????

They are also very prepared for school. They do their work, they try their best, and they are well parented! And that makes all the difference. Sure there are some kids who are a little bit behind, but that is normal. And it is not just my class, all 4 kindies are like that. We are very lucky to have this group of babies!!

Auggie is doing great and made all S+ on her report card. They don't get A's and B's yet. Only S's and U's...The plus just shows she is doing well! She rec'd a Quality Student Award for citizenship and study skills. She still loves school. Last week she was sick and throwing up, and I had to keep her home. She cried and begged me to let her go. She said she would bring her throw-up bucket in case she needed to get sick..Poor thing.

I am organizing our Disney Trip and planning our summer. It is starting to really sink in that the beach house is gone. I could use that view and  the dolphins right about now.

1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

So glad that you have such a stellar group of students.

I am sure you will get your 4th grader organized and utilizing good study skills.

Did your father sell his condo in FL since he's working overseas? Yes, I am sure you and the girls are going to miss being there all summer at the beach.