Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Yeahhhh..(In the most Sarcastic Way)

So this is how the day went..
Overslept, as I have been home for 4 days lounging, playing on the internet, planning my new kitchen, which I have no money to pay for, running my girlz to various family members so they don't run the risk of being without power, and generally loving life..
Got to school and remembered that last week, the entire heating/cooling unit was taken out of my room so it was FRIGID in there..Then it occured to me that I had a new student starting, and then I reviewed my parent conference schedule and YEah, I had 2 during my break, and 1 after school! AWESOME..
So I tested my students ALL DAY as we only have 4 days left to complete all tests..Then got the call from the plumber saying I had a choice, get the work started on Thursday or wait til next week..Well clearly I had to choose tomorrow..So I rushed to put in a sub for tomorrow, (1 less testing day) and started writing sub plans during my lunch..Tested some more, and had all of the conferences, then I had to rush home to get the girlz ready to TRICK OR TREAT..Another Yeah.. Oh wait, I need dog food. No problem, I just swung by the fancy shmancy dog spa and picked it up...Oh wait, had to get an actual check from the bank as I don't have any more. No problem, I simply went to the bank and walked in to see, YEP, every fool in Virginia there waiting to cash their check..Forgot it was payday. YEahhh.
So I survived that and got on the HELL road home and made it just prior to dark. But I needed the cute plastic pumpkins from outside, so as I slipped out the door, THE DAMN dog slipped out and BOOKED it down the road. And I mean booked it. He ran like Forest across roads and sidewalks..So out I went running, and yelling at the damn dog(My girlz were running behind me, Anna crying, August yelling how hard she thought I should punish the dog)
Once I caught him, I felt like throwing up, but I kept my coffee down, and brought him home. I was soo tempted to let that lil mess run away..
Then we finalized our Halloween wear and took to the streets of our own neighborhood. I walked out and Oh wait, shut the door and forgot my keys..Yeahh. So had to call my mom to bring over her key..She was thrilled. So I took the girlz to their friends house and waited on the corner for my mom to bring a key..Then I headed down the road and met up with my littles.
Being in our neighborhood was a real  YEAHhh!
This was a first for our lil' family. Since the girlz were born to me, we have traveled down south to trick or treat with my friend with Russian adopted children. For a variety of reasons, we don't visit with the family anymore.  Anna had come to me a few weeks ago and asked me if we could stay in our own neighborhood with her school friends to T-or-T this year, and I gladly agreed.
So this day was a HAyooj nightmare of running, stressing and generally freaking out! But in the end, we walked our little neighborhood with friends and had a great time. We are already home with candy traded and put away for the night..I am home tomorrow waiting for the plumber to come and repair the leak and take all of my money so I get to sleep easy and wake up and pretend I am a stay at home mom...

Here are some pics from tonight. Sorry I need to find a proper camera.

August is of course sneaking a peice of candy..

The cowboy and the cow neighbor and Princess Augsut


Annie and her friend Allie..(Friends since kindergarten)


1 comment:

Tina in CT said...

What a day! At least it turned out great with the girls having fun in their neighborhood. Did you dress your dog up and take him out with the 3 of you?