Sunday, October 14, 2012

Plan B is Finally Shaping Up!

Today we spent the day on the Hill..Also known as Capitol Hill..The picture below is from the drive I took for 9 or so years on my way home. I lived a couple of blocks behind the Capitol. And today we went to the city and I took the girlz to my old English Basement apartment.






Here we are in front of the spot where I spent lots of great years.

As you all know, I am barely tolerating my drive to work.
You also know that the chances of getting a job in Russia is less than zero percent..So I have been thinking, the only way to eliminate my commute is to move North of my job. I have looked in Alexandria and Arlington, but I am just not that girl. So the girlz and I went to the Hill to check out all the changes in the neighborhood. And I wasn't let down. Because I need time and thought to wade through this, I decided to start by just looking around and getting a feel of what areas are most to my liking. So far, I still love Lincoln Park the best. So many happy memories there..SOOOooo,
we started our house hunt. The average townhouse similar to what we have is around 8hundred thousand, so we will be looking for a while.I need one about half that price so it will have to be the perfect situation. I went to visit a gal-pal that I used to teach with, and who helped me move my furniture into the apartment up there in the picture..
We stuck my full size sofa across her jeep and hit the road. It teeter-tottered the whole ride!
My girlfriend and I put the girlz in her hot-tub today and she and I did some calling around..And thankfully we have the time and patience to hold out and hope that after the election, there will be some movement on smaller places..Nonetheless, we are tickled about the decision.
I can't wait to actually go and look at some places in person. Online is just not the same.

I cannot wait to get out of this house. It never really flowed right and 3 levels are just too much for me to keep up with.

Who knew that Plan B was actually PlanDC?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not QUITE the same thrill as Russia...but definitely possibilities.