Saturday, September 28, 2013

Oh No They Didn't...

So I was looking at research on the poor, as it is a huge factor in the success of students, and WOAH! I started finding hundred of articles on single mothers..Diving deeper, I found even more articles on 'WHY MEN SHOULD NEVER DATE SINGLE MOMS'...
I made the mistake and read a few.
Here are some highlights.

Widows are not considered single moms.
Divorced women are not considered single moms.

Single moms are women who have children without the benefit of marriage.

I don't what group I fall into. But clearly these idiot men have actually hit the truth on so many levels..

It's true, I would never have a child without the benefit of marriage. I wouldn't want to share my child with anyone I wasn't willing to marry.

It's true and statistics have shown that given the circumstance, many of the offspring of single mothers are at higher risk of poverty. But guess what? We all are a couple of paychecks away from complete financial devastation!!!

But most important to me, is that there is no research to substantiate what will happen to the offspring who adopt and choose NOT to date. And that is the group I am in.
I refuse to put anyone on the same Love Level as my children. I won't date. Not for me. I put every ounce of my being into working and raising my girlz. They are first in my life, and they know it. The statistics of bringing a man into the home are clear. Sexual abuse is much likelier to happen than if a non-related man does not live with young chidlren. No man is worth that..
Also, I am financially able to live on my own. I can do what I need right by myself..Except for all the things my PARENTS take care of!! HAHAHAHA
Why would I take love away from my chidlren and give it to a man. Hey, Men, Guess What?" I don't need to share my life with you...So get over yourself!

2 comments:

Tina in CT said...

10 years from now they will be in college and you can then pursue dating. I agree with the way you feel and wrote.

Annie said...

I think you are making exactly the right decision! I just cringe when women divorce then in a year or two bring men in and are angry when their children don't like them! I wonder how it would feel if things were turned around and the children could bring an adult they liked home to live. There is so little sensitivity among some parents.