Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cold Days...

And even colder classroom...It was 19 when I was driving to work yesterday. When I arrived at school we had no heat..Halfway through the day everyone else's heaters began to work..Mine not so much. Today driving to work it was 17 on my car thermometer..And guess what awaited me when I arrived at school? YEP, no heat. I was furious.
So much so that I showed myself and said it was unacceptable and that I couldn't teach with gloves on and children can't write while wearing scarves, hats, and mittens..I was given the afterschool care room to work in. I had to pack up everything we needed, which required a 3 level cart..
At lunch, I was told it was working..
We went back and the room was 1000 degrees..Ahhh, back to being a peetry dish. This is what happened earlier in the year. It was so hot that the kids starting getting sick. It took all of December and part of January to get everyone back to class..

This is what tax payers are getting. Schools that can't even fix the ac/heaters..
What a joke.