Saturday, September 1, 2012

another catch up post..

So I am back at school. I didn't get a transfer so my drive is still a nightmare, but the beauty is, I know what I am doing and have lots of support in my building.
We have a lot of new procedures, forms, requirements etc. so it is good that I am at my familiar school. I would hate to have to learn all of this at a new school where I am learning the basics of that building.
..
We got back from Florida a little over a week ago. And when we arrived, we arrived with a brand new dog! He is a pound puppy and awesome. He is a cross between a yorkie and a mini schnauzer. So he is very light, but with very long legs! We are adjusting to our life with him but thankfully he is four years old so he doesn't have the 'puppy' needs. His name is Marty.
It took me over 2 years to decide about the dog, and I am certain we made a good decision.

I have been happier than ever at school. We were given 2 days to set up our rooms and plan. These days are in addition to the week prior to school starting. Oh and these were PAID days . My main boss is basically awesome and spent this money to give us a jump start! Afterall, 40% of our evaluations will be based on our students' successes so she wanted us ready to go by the time school started. I have been at school til 8 or 9 each night this week. Luckily my boss is awesome as I said and many of us would get our own children in the afternoon and bring them to school. This way we could stay til the school closed for the night without having to make our sitters keep them all day..There are loads of little ones so my girlz LOVED being there!
After being in Florida and with me all day, this gave the girlz a chance to ease into life without Momma by their side all day.

Summer was relaxing and wonderful. No extra toys to keep up with, no extra "stuff" to deal with, just time with  my girlies. and my dad!

I was able to visit my BFF from Florida on our way home. She and her hubs took us on a 'mudding' run through her equestrian neighborhood. Acres and Acres of nothing but beautiful homes and paddocks of horses. They have a jeep that has been refitted with very tall back seats and Anna and i rode up there..My phone died on the ride so no pics..boooooo!!! Lee's area is about the only place in Florida I would like to live. If it snowed there, I would honestly consider moving..Lee's daughter turned 16 yesterday. and that is one I can hardly believe. I remember the day she was born. I was up here, living in DC at the time.
This rockin' lil 16 year old is a really down to earth cross between a country girl and city girl. She is a "yes maam" kind of girl who is more stunning than is humanly possible. She is doing well in school and is a joy to her parents. She is a great big sister! 
I love you Mary Allison M!!
 
We had such fun catching up while at Lee's house. The girlz loved being there since we got to go on the boat one day and fish. Out of all of us, AugustRose was the only one to catch a fish..And she caught 2!!  But before and after that, she spent the better part of the day screaming at all of us to "Sit DOWN, we are going to TIP OVER!"  She was so thrilled to ride the boat, then once on it, not so much. And I giggled at her all day. She can be bitter beyond words.. and it made for some laughter on my part!


So life is good. And I am ready to start another year.
I hope your summer gave you the "re-charge" you needed to begin the cycle again.


No comments: