Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Candy Coating....

August never picked out how to decorate her room..It started out with her favorite color and then we went with that..

But this summer while in Florida, my sister and I took the girlz to a movie...And yes, as a group the choice was Katy Perry's movie..The girlz love her songs and I knew that it would be mostly concerts so we went..Turns out, it was pretty amazing. Many of the themes went over the girlz heads and they focused on the songs and staging of her concerts..And from there, AugustRose started talking about having a candy room. This summer I started looking through Pinterest, (find me there if you are on) and started picking up odds and ends to start Auggie's candy room...

Starlight Theatres are amazing. You order food and drink and take it in with you..Giant leather seats and a perfect view of the screen no matter where you sit..And it ain't cheap. Something like 12.00 for each child, and this was during the day..Yep, we spoil ourselves in the summer. For the record, this was the SECOND movie I have ever taken the girlz to see. We saw the Smurfs last summer..(My sister has taken them to a couple of movies..AugustRose slept through them so....)


OK, so onto Auggie's room...
I have been finding little things here and there and this is what I have so far..


I found these adorable little cupcake lights at Claires..They were on clearance for $5.99! I tied random ribbon around the cord so it isn't as ugly..(I used ribbon from AugustRose's birthday presents..Hint, always keep the gift bags and ribbons.. You will always find a craft for them!!)


These are the Popsicle..They are sort of hard to see when they are lit up..But they are cute!!!


I painted and put lots of ribbons and Christmas gumdrops all over this little guy!

Here is the spot above the bed. One side is cupcakes, the other side is Popsicle lights..Again, Claire's has great deals on just about everything!

I used Anna's old comforter cover which is sort of solid hot pink..We have candy pillows from Anna's dance recital, and Anna was such a darling and gave it to AR for her room..Sometimes Anna can be such a lamb! (YES, there are many times I wanna scream at her!!)



Oh, about the dog. The damn dog.
He has gotten really territorial about me and my bed and barks anytime the girlz walk into my room. There must be something in his history that causes him to be fearful. The girlz handle it well, since he is awesome unless I am around. He is pretty good otherwise.
But just like Aunt Lee said, "I gotta dog..Not my girlz!!"
Damn it!

My student started last week. Oh Lordy, am I tired. The first week is usually the hardest. We have very large classes for a Title 1 school, but it is what it is..My students are mostly English speakers and bright, and funny, and tiny! I forget every year how little they are.  One child goes by his middle name and when I wrote his firs name on everything he told me, "That's not my name." So I asked him what his name was and he told me...."Guess!!!"  I had to laugh..He is the littlest nugget and I kind of want to squeeze his little cheeks.


I am still feeling the ease of living without "other burdens" and know now more than ever that sometimes you have to remove yourself from situations you can't control. Friendships are about honesty and when someone simply wants to please them self and doesn't consider the collateral damage, you just have to move away from it. Forever.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDrcVOQ3KJE
This is how my life was...  And I am Jacqueline in this little demo!!
(The first 8 minutes are pretty much how I have felt)
But, at the end of the day, it will be Teresa who WONT own up to her wrong doing and will blame everyone around her..Instead of saying, I shouldn't have trusted, she should say, I was wrong and it was my fault.

No comments: