Sunday, January 19, 2014

For ME

ok..so  here are some randoms for ME to remember..

The only difference between a goal and a dream is a TIMELINE.
"Being Happy. Being A Good Mom" Those aren't plans. Everyone wants that..Specific details need to be in place..
The most important part of planning for the future is to establish an image..As in, WHO DO YOU WANT TO BE, HOW DO YOU WANT THE WORLD TO VIEW YOU?

Teaching in Russia. Working in Russia -  OUT FOREVER. Not only is there risks associated with being American, I am single and people could think I am lesbian, and TAKE MY CHILDREN.. Yes, I wrote that. Because it's a law in Russia now..
Also, we are past the point of my girlz doing what I want. Anni got accepted into an All Girlz program and looks very forward to it. My girlz cannot be away from our family. I cannot ask them to spend the money just to come see us if we were overseas. PLUS-I can't get a job. Time to move on. This is just a direction I can never go. And although I am sure it's because I have 2 children and no spouse, I would never trade a child or TAKE ON A SPOUSE just to get a job in Russia..

I want to write. So I have to just do it. Teaching can be a means to and end. And If writing is my passion, I may never write a book, or publish it, but I can write it to fulfill my passion..

Ok-More notes later. Just wanted to get this down while it was on my mind.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Well, I sincerely doubt they would presume you are lesbian and take your children - if only because there are so many failed marriages and single moms in Russia.

The other things, though..... After a certain age, the children's well-being (for a Good Mom - your chief goal) takes precedence over ones own desires. (Drat!) I actually see a possibility for me to teach in Russia now (well, especially if I could convince Craig), but while it would be a stellar opportunity for Maxim, and probably good for Zhenya - there's our Nastia.... Just don't think so. Oh, well.....

And the "Be Happy" part? At heart, I think, our truest happiness lies in doing what is best for others.

Tina in CT said...

You can always write and who knows, you might be published!