Monday, July 9, 2012

Birthday

So today is Anni's 9th and I had to post this, more for my own memory..I can guess this isn't stuff Pulitzer's are made of!

So what does a 9 year old pick out for her birthday cake? Usually we have a party so the cake goes along with the theme. This year, we aren't doing a party with friends so as I was planning to go pick out a small cake she said she wanted to go and pick it out..So, we went to one of my favorite places, the Publix down the road and headed for the bakery..There were many cute mini cakes that would have been perfect. But she headed to the pies, and what does she see? A key lime pie..Hmmm...And then her other favorite, a cookies and cream pie..Hmmmm? Difficult troubles..THEN, we see what must be a mini miracle, we see each pie sold in halves...So she looks up at me and smiles and says, "Can we Momma?" I think you know the answer!
So we started with this...

And after Anna made a few modifications,  added candles, and fire, we ended up with .....


 It may look like a mess of a cake, and maybe it was, but we were happy with it!
     Auggie picked out the cutest little diary with an M on it..It had a cute glittery pen and book mark, as well as a sparkly LOCK! Go ahead Anni, put your secrets in that sucker. Momma knows how to pick a lock! Anni and Augg were in the sweetest "thank you hug" here!




Right now, Anni is very into DS..I can only say, it has come in handy while her computer is down..Sadly, the duck tape stopped holding it together and we are trying to get it repaired. She got lots of little odds and ends  and games to go with her DS. She loves to organize her stuff. Yeah, until we get home and she has to organize her room!




And here is a horrible picture of me at the pool during a night time swim..It proves I am actually at the beach with my girlz..(Single motherhood sucks when trying to actually get into a photograph!)

No comments: