Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Funny

Lately I have felt some irritation with blog etiquette. Most of the blogs I read are adoption related and recently I had one of those blog authors delete my comment. It had happened before but I thought maybe I had made an error when typing in my comment. So it got me thinking. And what I came up with is  ** the blogger world is an awful lot like the "In Real Life" world. There are those people out there who are jealous, insecure, and hold their heads way too high and it just takes some time to figure it out.. I only ever commented on this blog because I have specific information about teaching. I don't tend to give parenting advice only a technique here or there that has worked in our house.
Needless to say, I don't comment on that blog anymore. If I am honest, I don't quite relate to this blogger. There is a lot I don't  know about this particular mom, but the one thing I do know is that homeschooling is her preference. And homeschooling is something I don't think I could ever understand. I'd never want to be my girlz only source of learning. I respect the institution of education too much to put myself above it.  Anyhoo, I am glad I learned that this blogger prefers that I don't comment. It gives me time to read other bloggers who enjoy feedback.


Sometimes I see these little pics on Facebook and I laugh out loud. Let me share in case you need a laugh or two..








7 comments:

Anonymous said...

testing for my sister

teachingrules said...

testing again

teachingrules said...

Dude its you!

Tina in CT said...

I am so in agreement with you. What I don't understand is how someone that has a high school diploma thinks they are more qualified to teach than a professionally education teacher. I could go on and on about this as I have very strong opinions on it.

Love the things you posted.

Tina in CT said...

Meant to type professionally educated teacher.

Anonymous said...

As you know, probably, I homeschooled my two older children for a few years of their education (the middle school years that were so miserable for me)and am SO glad I did! MOST homeschoolers I know are very highly educated, and many were previously professional educators or classroom teachers. There are many reasons to homeschool! It is not the right thing for all kids at all times, but surely it is the ONLY thing for some children some times.

My Anastasia is so highly triggered by peers that while she'd probably do pretty darned well at a community college class, she would last maybe 5 minutes in a middle school. It would be wrong of me to throw her in a situation where she'd fail - spectacularly. And, perhaps traumatize someone else. That's just ONE example of a child who is doing much better homeschooling.

And not everyone has access to quality schools. Sad to say, but true. Our therapist mentioned that there are a host of out of the way corners and offices where kids of 13 and 14 have sex. One of her clients was charging for her services IN school, during the school day, ON property - that's the public school my daughter was assigned to. The one that sent me daily text notices she was missing (not all, mind you, but SOME) of her class periods for most of the school year. Nope; she's not going there.

julian said...

Anni, I know of many valid reasons to home-school. Your situation being one! I just feel like the primary years are the ones I can speak to. When a child needs to develop strategies to work with peers.
I know that when kids are older, there are more ways to interact if they are being home schooled.